Rightmesh describes itself as a decentralized mobile mesh network platform. They seek to remove all the barriers that prevent the world from being connected to the Internet safely, cheaply and without centralized control.
They correctly note that 56% of the world’s population is not connected to the Internet. They argue that this prevents a large majority of the population from obtaining the economic benefits that the connection provides. They also argue that even in places where there is some form of infrastructure, data transmission is slow, expensive, or subject to network interference through central control.
Rightmesh describes an ingenious method that they designed to solve all these problems simultaneously.
Essentially, Rightmesh has created a software solution that can be easily integrated into any application without additional hardware. The hardware infrastructure powering this is initially the individual users of Android phones. They want to eventually extend it to all smartphones or Java compatible devices.
These phones have the ability to form a mesh network made in pairs with Wifi, Bluetooth and Wifi Direct. Rightmesh software uses patent-pending switching technology to ensure the integrity of user data.
Rightmesh states in his white paper that “RightMesh networks are forming, self-monitoring and self-healing without user intervention. When a client node and a hotspot are found, they form a new mesh that people can join and share, and that develops from there. “
At the heart of this thesis, networks will connect to other nodes using the available method. What does it mean is that (for example) you could have three Android phones. For simplicity, let’s call them A, B, and C.
Phone A connects to phone B via wifi. The C phone has no wifi, just bluetooth, so the B phone connects to C using bluetooth. This allows data to be exchanged between phones A and C, regardless of the transmission method initially used.
Each mesh node (Android phone or Java-enabled device) has an Ethereum ID and an associated account that provides a unique identity to other users.
RMESH tokens within the platform are described as being transported between content providers and users to reward behaviors and pay for goods and services. They say that this will help the network to grow and, as a result, increase network coverage.
The RMESH tokens are also the economic incentive paid to the nodes for they ensure ‘connectivity & # 39; between the devices, as well as to manage and maintain the network.
The additional use cases of RMESH presented by Rigthmesh in their white paper are:
- RMESH may be used by end-users to pay premium services or data from applications or content providers, or other nodes (eg, sensor data ).
- RMESH Can Be Used by Content Providers to Encourage Users to Consume Content
- RMESH is a specific token that only works on the RightMesh network when the nodes are not connected directly to the Internet.
The distribution of chips is as follows:
- Issuance of Tokens 30%
- 30% Rightmesh GmbH & Community
- 20% Left and team
- 10% of consultants and TGE costs
- 10% air drop to the community
The Rightmesh team is simply extraordinary. Each leadership role is filled by someone with significant work experience. They have several PHD scientists who combine decades of mesh networking experience, as well as several top-level advisers. They also have a lot of team members with a lot of blockchain development experience overall. In a nutshell, it is well rounded, with a surplus of specific qualifications that I would like to see in a project of this complex.
Although the CEO does not himself have blockchain experience, he has clearly surpassed himself by recruiting people who know what they are doing.
Since the long-term goal of the Rightmesh network is to make the centralized Web connection superfluous, it is smart to design a token that can only be exchanged by offline nodes from this centralized Web. Although it is unlikely that the yield will be high quickly, Rightmesh could easily become a big piece to hold over the long term in anticipation of achieving the milestones of its roadmap.
- This closed access could constitute a major obstacle to the adoption of their network. However, since their main growth objectives appear to be impoverished countries with low online connectivity rates, this could mitigate the potential effects of this barrier. -3
- They do not have the benefit of first-come, Smartmesh. In addition, Smartmesh already has an iOS application and an Android application, while Rightmesh only has an Android application. -3
- No functional product yet. Although they have a detailed roadmap with concrete milestones, a team that seems more than capable of reaching them, nothing has been done yet. -3
- Huge potential market segment targeting 56% of people who are not connected to the Internet. They do not need to capture a majority share to have even a remote success. +5
- Suppy Low Token – This means that it takes less capital inflows for the price to rise, which could make big returns for early investors +5
- Fantastic Team: Every base I would check in a project like this seems to be covered. They have fantastic advisors with experience and links and seem to have hired experienced networking scientists to realize the vision. +4
The main difference between Rightmesh’s approach and that of their main competitor Smartmesh is that Rightmesh nodes transmit data directly to a routing path, while Smartmesh distributes data omnidirectionally across all devices. of their network. It is a very complicated technical subject but it comes down to security or ease of access.
Rightmesh considers that the broadcast on all nodes of the network is naive and would make the network easier to remove. Because only devices not connected to the large canvas can communicate with each other, it would be necessary to operate in the network to attack it. This greatly limits the vulnerability of the entire network to the attack.
In addressing Rightmesh’s Telegram team about the differences between Rightmesh and Smartmesh, John Lyotier had this answer:
“There are many technological differences, but the biggest difference lies in our core values and the way we try to behave.Since the creation of the left, almost 8 years ago, our motto was” We’re gone, we’re doing things right, “and RightMesh is the product, and in our opinion, the founder of Smartmesh does not operate under the same high moral code.
An example is the quality of the team of experts we have built to build our mesh network. We are a mesh company through and through. Building an ad hoc mobile mesh network capable of working on several jumps is not a trivial thing. That’s why we have several doctoral students with very relevant, practical and academic experience in our team. That’s why we align ourselves with acadamie to ensure we continue to identify and recruit the best talent in this field.
Prior to their ICO, Smartmesh listed Micha Benoliel, a true pioneer in the mesh industry, as a co-founder and CTO. This turned out to be a false statement that, in our opinion, could have been used to hype and promote their project and to mislead potential contributors as to their capabilities in meshed networks. Micha was removed immediately before their ICO after “inaccuracy” was raised. In a separate development, Micha is now a RightMesh advisor. In addition, Paul Gardner-Stephen of the Serval Project was (but is not) at the top of the list on the Smartmesh site, and we understand that his initial involvement was also greatly exaggerated. The blockchain and cryptography industry has had a poor record of advisors and team members wrongly attributed to a project and the companies that engage in this practice should, in our view, be called about their behavior. “
Clearly, he believes that his main competitor is not even worth considering. Although my criticisms of Smartmesh were valid (especially after having myself examined the controversy), I found problematic that it does not address the technical differences between the products, but only the integrity of Smartmesh herself and their supposed lack of experience.
Given everything, I give Rightmesh a score of 5/10. Although I believe that it has huge potential, there are significant obstacles to overcome. If you can handle this uncertainty, Rightmesh could be a fantastic speculative game.
Details of investment
- Type of Token : Utility
- Platform : Ethereum
- Symbol : RMESH
- Initial Value : The price of the OIC for a RMESH token will be $ 1
- Supply of chips : 129 498 559.
- Rigid cap : US $ 30,000,000
- Public Sale : March 27, 2018
- Prohibited courts of participation : United States, Canada.
- Website : https://www.rightmesh.io/
- White Paper : https://www.rightmesh.io/whitepaper
Image featured with the kind permission of Shutterstock.